25.6.07

And now...

...back to our regularly scheduled program!

Starting a new job is both exciting and terrifying at the same time. On one hand I feel really good about getting the job, about how much better it is than my last place of employment, and how fortunate I am to have been chosen. On the other hand, I am scared that once I get there, once I start doing my job, the company will realize that they made a mistake and that I am just not the right person for this position.

So I go, for two weeks now. Just showing up and trying my best to fit in; eating lunch with my teammates, socializing, and attempting to understand what my position is and how I will best be able to fill it. Soon things will start to click I am sure.

It is a much better job than my last. Not that I didn't learn a lot from my past employment, but I guess it was just time to move on. I still get that wonderful invention of modern employment called flextime and it is much closer to my home. Before, I was having to buy gas every other day...now work is approximately half the distance away...half the gas buying. My position is better. I came in at what they call Senior level...even though I still feel lost. And, the pay is much better, which is always a good thing when changing jobs.

Admittedly I have neglected this blog for quite a while. Just trying to settle into my new responsibilities I suppose. I have been doing a fare amount of knitting, but mostly I have been spinning. More on that later, for now, it's off to work!

No comments: