2.8.09

Books 2009

I have been doing quite a bit of reading this year and thought I would post my book list. These are books I have read since January 1st 2009.

1. Ender In Exile - Orson Scott Card
2. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
3. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
4. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
5. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
6. Breaking Dawn - Stepenie Meyer
7. Stardust - Neil Gaiman
8. Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
9. Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson
10. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
11. The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff
12. No Plot? No Problem! - Chris Baty
13. The Host - Stephenie Meyer
14. The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
15. UR - Stephen King
16. First Meetings - Orson Scott Card
17. The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
18. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
19. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
20. Specials - Scott Westerfeld
21. Extras - Scott Westerfeld
22. The Chosen One - Carol Lynch Williams
23. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
24. The Golden Compass, His Dark Materials Part 1 - Philip Pullman
25. The Bourne Identity - Robert Ludlum
26. The Subtle Knife, His Dark Materials Part 2 - Philip Pullman

Most were fantastic, others, not so much. The series by Scott Westerfeld for one. That was more, I read the first one, and felt compelled to finish the series, no matter how bad they were. Good news, they were a fast read, and the torment was over quickly.

I have a love of both Neil Gaiman and Neal Stephenson. Must be something with the first name, no matter how it's spelled. I think I have read pretty much anything either author has ever written. Both have very different styles and subject matter, but yet, both are equally intriguing.

Of course anything Orson Scott Card, and the Ender series specifically, I must read.

My latest obsession is Philip Pullman's series, His Dark Materials. To keep the suspense, I have been reading something else in between each. Currently I am reading: The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. Then I will finish the HDM series.

1 comment:

Dano said...

Hi, I just happened to stumble on your blog. Nice reading list. Gaiman is the greatest. Phillip Pullman's trilogy is awesome too. If you like Gaiman's style (especially in Neverwhere and Stardust), you might enjoy books by Douglass Adams, Christopher Moore, and Kurt Vonnegut. They are all hilarious!