2.4.08

Taxes

Last night Hubby and I went to go get our taxes completed for the year 2007. My what an ordeal! We had started our return over the weekend using our usual online filing method. However when we saw the $3000+ that we owed...we squirmed a bit. So I remembered this guy that used to come into the bank when I worked there. He was known for doing taxes and being very good. So...I called him up and made an appointment. I figured even if he could save us the $200 it cost to get them done by him, I would rather give the money to him than to the government.

So we went last night. He and his wife keep this little accounting business in his home. Very nice people. They were great! Saved us about $1000 with using my business stuff from Knittin' Pretty. It was a huge relief! I definitely think we will continue to do the taxes this way. He even helped us identify why our owe amount was so big, and what we could do to fix that. He also gave me pointers on how to keep better records for the next year. Wonderful service!

Whew, so another year completed. What did you do on April Fools day?

No comments: