26.11.06

Long time...

...no write! It really does seem like a long time since I have posted. Thanksgiving was OK, not much really going on. For work, I got off Thursday, but Friday I ended up working from home. Usually I am more productive at home, so this was not a problem. Hubby and I went to my sister's house for Turkey Day. She is the BEST cook! Dinner was simply awesome...a true feast.

As for knitting news -- some ups and downs. I finished the purple tri-fold bowl, but messed my next one up. I started out fine...made my moebius, thought it was going well...then I notice...it looks much smaller than the others...It ends up only about 2/3rds as large as the other rims...but just as thick! So...hubby suggested, I just make a smaller version...but I think it is not going to end up well. I finished, but am almost afraid to felt it. I could only pick up 10 instead of 22 stitches along the sides, so the base of the bowl itself is small. Then when working the increases, the bottom ended up kinda wonky because of the weird number of stitches. -Sigh-

The good news is...I am about to turn the heel on my second Jaywalker sock, and started another pair for my sister-in-law. The second pair I started at Tuesday's knit night, and am on the cuff area now! Almost finished. I think though, I am going to finish the Jaywalkers, then use that set of needles to do the second of the new pair...then at the end I can just work both cuffs till I run out of yarn...and hopefully they end up to be the same length too. These pair are plain stockinette until the leg where I am doing a 3x1 ribbing. Then the cuff I will switch to a 2x2 rib for better elasticity. The Queen Kahuna cast of worked so well on my Jaywalker, I can see me using that exclusively for all of my toe up socks.

Maybe one day I will write up the little formula I use to do socks now. With every sock I have learned new techniques, but I think I finally have it down to a science. Oh! I almost forgot -- in other good and bad news: the color pooling (Scorponia colorway from Socks That Rock) in the second Jaywalker is ending up exactly like the first one...of course this is both good and bad, but I think I have finally come to peace with it. The second pair of socks (Seal Rock colorway from Socks That Rock) have many more colors, shorter repeats, and no pooling!

In summary, I guess you could say it has been a very sock filled weekend! (The Lorna's socks are still -almost- completed. I just can't bring myself to finish them up!)

No comments: