11.10.06

I'm getting OLD!

Carpooling is great for knitting! However...there is one guy that I ride with that insists on playing hiphop. Maybe I am just getting to that point in my life where only old music appeals to me, but I just cannot stand hiphop! By the time I get to work I feel all angsty and agitated. No wonder he drives like a maniac! 6am in the morning is just too early for those types of feelings, it really sets the mood for the rest of the day. It's also a shame that it is too dark in the morning to accomplish any knitting, so I can only sit and listen for the entire ride. Soon it will be dark when we leave work as well...Maybe I should look into getting those lighted needles.

Yesterday I was greeted with a package from Amazon! Two new books: A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting and One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet. I am really excited about making mobius baskets and bowls -- the trifold rimmed one is my favorite!! I will probably have to ask Karen for help though, just paging through, it looks very complicated. The One Skein book I got for quick gift ideas...I am still thinking about Christmas gifts, and have yet to figure anything out! I also picked up the Mason Dixon book. I have started reading their blog online, and wanted to see all these great patterns people keep talking about.

No comments: